Tuesday, March 5, 2013

New at Nars: Light Reflecting Setting Powder, Radiant Creamy Concealer, New Tinted Moisturizer Colors


Nars has recently come out with some amazing new products. They came out with a new setting powder, concealer, and 2 new shades in their Tinted Moisturizer line! I managed to get ahold of all of these guys for you and have found them all well worth it.



This powder is incredibly finely milled and goes on without caking or looking like I am wearing white powder on my face. It just mattifies and helps to blur out imperfections. It lasts all day and makes my makeup last all day. The only pitfall is that it has a weird odor to it. I can't even describe it, its like a wet cardboard smell I suppose. You don't smell it once it is applied, but you do smell it while applying.

Nars description of this product: "Enhances the look of foundation without a trace of color and prolongs makeup wear. This invisible silky powder is infused with Photocromic Technology to diffuse light and adjust to new sources of light throughout the day. Fine lines, wrinkles, and pores optically fade as skin is visibly smoothed. Soft, silky and luxurious to the touch, this weightless formula applies evenly and blends effortlessly. Ideal for touch-ups, it helps regulate shine and seamlessly set foundation."

I have not tried to pressed powder version, however I purchased this because my sa, Sasha from Barney's, told me that the pressed powder version was harder to pick up with a brush and left traces of white on your face. I have also heard from others that the pressed powder version has a more radiant quality to it. I cannot speak from experience as I haven't tried this product yet, but those are some opinions I have heard.


I would just like to begin by stating that Sasha from the Nars counter at Barney's has literally been going on about these since January. She kept telling me how she couldn't really talk about them, but they were going to be awesome! Finally, once the press release came out, she very quickly emailed it to me:


She literally emailed me the day these came into the store, she was that excited. Her words were "150% love these." So, I needed to own one. I have NC15 skin and I purchased Vanilla, which is the perfect shade for me. 

I find that I must agree with her. I own the Cle de Peau Concealer (will be reviewed Thursday), and my problem with that concealer was that it only seemed to work to cover minor breakouts. On the days that I have major breakouts, it just didn't do the trick. This is a life savior. It literally covers everything. It is incredibly opaque while still remaining light in texture; not too thick. You really don't need a lot as it is highly pigmented. I also absolutely LOVE the does foot applicator. It allows for precise application and it allows for very easy transport if I want to throw this in my purse. This also last pretty much all day (especially when set with the setting powder) and doesn't crease under the eyes. Very well done Nars.

Nars description of this product: "Coveted by artists for its luxurious and luminous finish, new radiant creamy concealer evens skin with lightweight medium to high buildable coverage. Enriched with hydrating, multi-action skincare benefits and light diffusing technology, it creates a softer, smoother complexion while instantly obscuring imperfections and diminishing fine lines and signs of fatigue."



Last, but absolutely not least, I received samples of Nars' new colors in their Tinted Moisturizer Line. The one on the right is Terre Neuve and the left is Groenland. I am so excited they released these as I could never wear the Tinted Moisturizers as they were simply too yellow for my skin tone. These are both a bit more pink and therefore now bring in a whole new range of skin tones. Terre Neuve is perfect for me and in conjunction with the Light Reflecting Setting Powder, it lasts all day and makes my skin positively glow!

Without Flash

With Flash

A comparison of finland (left) and Terre-Neuve (right)

Photo Credit goes to the ever wonderful Sasha

These can all be purchased anywhere that sells Nars including http://www.narscosmetics.com/. These can all also be purchased from my girl Sasha at Barney's in NYC and if you tell her I sent you she will throw in a few extra samples for you to play with! - 212-833-2008

12 comments:

  1. you got so many great stuff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awwww thank you...it sure was a lot of fun to play with! =)

      Delete
  2. That powder sounds absolutely divine! I don't need to be hooked on another NARS product, lol, but I think I need to check this one out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHA I don't think I need to be hooked on new products period, but there ya go. I can always use a new super amazing setting powder! =) I am a big Nars fan and my girl Sasha emailing every time a new product comes out sure doesn't help! =P

      Delete
  3. You make me want to try Nars powder again. I chose Hourglass Diffused Light over it mainly for the understated shimmer. I swatched Nars' on the back of my hand and sparkles showed up. Need to do it again. Thanks for the lovely review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh maybe we can share. I have been wanted to try the new hourglass powders, are they any good? I don't think I saw any shimmer or luminosity at all from these. It just diffuses your features and sets your makeup. I agree, give it another try. =)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. It is amazing...I would absolutely recommend finding someplace that sells it and giving it a test =)

      Delete
  5. I'm definitely going to keep my eye out for the powder and the tinted moisturizer. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you =)...they really are great products. I love nars!

      Delete
  6. Thank you for mentioning that the loose powder has a 'scent' to it! I have been smelling since I started using it - switched the brush I was using, washed all my brushes & then finally decided that maybe it was just in my head some how! Like you said though once the powder has been applied the scent completely dissipates.
    I'm excited to try both Terre Neuve & the new concealers - they are at the top of my shopping list the next time I'm at a NARS counter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great setting powder, but yes it does have an odor to it, and not the usual perfumey scent either. I'm not sure why other bloggers failed to mention it. Those other two products are amazing, let me know what you think once you try them!

      Delete