Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Le Metier de Beaute Fashion Eye Palette for Spring 2014


This palette was a limited edition palette for Spring 2013. From what I understand only 75 of these were delivered to each Le Metier location and they mostly sold out on pre-sales. These are no longer available (except maybe a few on ebay), so this review is more so that you can appreciate the Le Metier brand (and so I can gloat a little). As such, I have decided not to swatch all of the colors (the pans are so small I didn't want to use a drop of it not on my eye anyway).

With Flash

Without Flash

First, I'm going to give a review of the palette itself, which is a negative review. The palette doesn't quite have that heft that I expect from a Le Metier product. I love the design and weight of their kaleidoscopes, this left me less than impressed. It also arrived pretty scratched up, again not impressed. Lastly the pans of eyeshadows aren't really glued down well and they are wobbly in the palette. For the price of this palette, it really isn't an exceptional quality palette.

With that said, the eyeshadows are amazing. They are all the high quality shadows you find in the Le Metier singles and kaleidoscopes. Some companies skimp on quality when they come out with these massive palettes thinking that the savings the consumer finds in the great expanse of colors in the palette is worth the less quality in the eyeshadows. This is not the case in this palette. They are all very good quality shadows and the vast array of colors more than makes up for the crappy palette. I have used this palette every day since receiving it and I am totally in love with it. 

There were also cards associated with this palette that gave ideas on what colors to use together. I'm not going to post images as I never saw these in person and only found them on other people's blogs. I will give you a link to where you can find these if interested: Best Things in Beauty. I have tried all of these looks and a few of my own and find I like mine better.

I purchased this palette at Berdgdorf Goodman, but these have been sold out for awhile.

5 comments:

  1. The packaging sounds disappointing (oh my at the scratched package and pans being wobbly) but at least the colours are pretty and high quality.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The eyeshadows themselves made the palette worthwhile, however, it wasn't cheap and as the company supposedly prides itself on the quality of their products, you would think the whole product would be of a certain standard.

      Delete