Friday, March 8, 2013

Kevyn Aucoin Curling Mascara


This was one of the free, full sized gifts with purchase available from the Barney's Love Yourself Bag Event. I have to say, this mascara is quite top notch. As much as I love my Armani Eyes to Kill Mascara, what ultimately happens is I end up with raccoon eyes by the end of the night. I might try the waterproof version next time, but I prefer a mascara that can be taken off with water. This mascara, although it doesn't give you the same oomph as my Armani mascara, it lasts all day without any smudging under the eyes. It almost seems to form tubes around the lashes that only come off at the end of the day if you soak them in water and gently pull them off; they come off as little spiders. It's almost like the blinc mascara (if you have ever tried it), but you don't have the tubes fall off during the day. It is quite an impressive mascara.


This mascara is described as: "Get volumized, curled lashes for awe-worthy eyes. This curling mascara wraps lashes in a pitch black, shrink-wrapping formula that pulls lashes apart and up for a separated, thick and curled finish. Packaged in a sleek tube with a traditional application brush, this exceptional product leaves lashes with a dramatic curl without weighing them down or leaving them feeling brittle and dry."

I can't say I agree with all of that. It is a great mascara, don't get me wrong, but my lashes weren't incredibly thickened or curled and I definitely wouldn't call them awe-worthy. I did like the wand though, it was smaller than most and really was able to grab every lash. For what it does, though, I would say its a great product. I love using it for those no makeup days as it keeps my eyes looking fresh and bright as it doesn't leave my under eyes dark by the end of the day. This also makes me interested in other Kevyn Aucoin mascaras.

This can be purchased at Barney's, Nordstom, Neiman Marcus - or anywhere else Kevyn Aucoin is sold or on their website https://www.kevynaucoin.com/

1 comment: