Thursday, March 14, 2013

January USA Glossybox Review


Sorry for this review being so late, but I didn't actually receive my January glossybox till February and I wanted to pump out those Barney's reviews. Here it is:

Estee Lauder: Sumptuous Extreme Lash Multiplying Volume Mascara

Three different high-volume fibers create audacious, false lash effects. Lustrous color leaves eyes brighter, wider, more seductive then ever. Build bigger, bolder, more extreme lashes at the Estee Lauder counter today.


I was not completely in love with this mascara, however my friend (who got my spare glossybox) loved this formula. We went to that convention I told you about a few weeks ago together and she brought this mascara with her to use she loved it that much, So although it wasn't my favorite, it is more likely worth trying.

Fresh: Umbrian Clay Mattifying Serum

Umbrian Clay, Fresh's proprietary ingredient, has a uniquely high-mineral content that works to neutralize acidity, purifying the complexion. this treatment formula tones and hydrates while controlling shine and minimizing the appearance of pores.

As stated many times in the past, I have dry skin. So this isn't really the product for me. I did try it once though, so I could review it for you all, and I will say that it does exactly what it says it does: it mattifies, tones, and minimizes the appearance of pores.

Le Metier de Beaute: Replenishing Daily Solution

This rich, emollient formula protects, conditions and hydrates while it nourishes, rejuvenates and detoxifies skin, restoring a healthy suppleness to your skin. Paraben-free.

I absolutely love this product and was incredibly excited to find out it would be in this months box. I refuse to spend the $225 price tag for this product, but instead have managed to get samples every time I am at a Le Metier counter. This product hydrates my poor dry skin and makes it feel smooth and supple. If ever I would spend this ridiculous price tag for a product, it would be on this.

Narciso Rodriguez: for her Eau de Toilette spray

A fragrant harmony of music, intimately refined with a floral facet developing gently and slowly, rounding out into the feminine warm tones of sun-kissed skin, dusted in soft, velvet-like sensuality.

I feel like at this point I am being very repetitive when I say that I hate finding fragrance samples in my sample boxes, now with that said, however, I found this to be not the worst of them. It was actually quite a sweet and pleasant fragrance.

OPI: Can't Let Go Liquid Sand Nail Lacquer

A unique matte purple shade with subtle accents of reflective shimmer. This long wearing liquid sand lacquer dries to a matter finish which means no top coat is necessary! Apply base coat and two coats of color for full capacity.

I just went through my pictures and cannot believe I didn't take one when I had this on. I love this color and will absolutely use it again and again. I actually really want to get the other sand colors. It is one of the coolest colors I have ever seen. It literally looks like sand on your nails. Too cool!!! =)

Sebastian Professional: Potion 9

The ultimate versatile styling cream infused with nine botanical extracts to help restore lost moisture and rejuvenate the healthy look of your hair. Perfect for styling your wet or dry hair into multiple looks with flexible hold.

I am a big fan of this product. I would more call this a leave in conditioner than a styling cream, although I haven't actually used it in my dry hair. I use this in my wet hair and it leaves my hair soft, shiny, and manageable with tamed and frizz free hair. Glossybox definitely knows how to pick hair products.

Tarte: glamazon pure performance 12-hour lipstick

Achieve vivid long-lasting color with a superb blend of emollient-rich butters (mango,avocado, and shea) encapsulated in tart's 12-hour power formula. Helps to minimize the appearance of fine lines leaving your lips with a perfect, plumped-up appearance. 


I received this lipstick in fierce, which is a very orange based red. I'm not sure if my picture fully captures how much orange is in this (you can really see this in a comparison with a blue-based red). I absolutely love this formula. It is incredibly long lasting (I had trouble removing the swatch) and is really quite moisturizing. I can't wear this color without looking like a clown, but I will absolutely be investing some time in checking out the other colors available in this formula.

Glossybox is a monthly subscription service that is $21 a month and can be purchased from http://www.glossybox.com

No comments:

Post a Comment