Wednesday, February 6, 2013

USA Winter Luxebox and USA December Glossybox Review

So now that I finally have my January glossybox, it was time to review December's box.


Ecru New York Cosmetic Hair Care - Acacia Protein Oil - $30/1.7 oz

This multi-tasking elixir provides superb conditioning and moisturizing while reducing drying time, eliminating frizz and mending split ends. Protect your hair against heat damage with this restoring and smoothing hair serum.

Don't get me wrong, I love hair serums and oils. I use argon oil every day in my hair and have loved passed oils given in glossy boxes (and other boxes), but this I did not like. It did not reduce drying time and it made my hair feel greasy (so I guess it did condition and moisturize and eliminate frizz). I forgot what it was called, but the oil given to us in September I loved so much I actually bought, this I have used twice and now will most likely be thrown out. Not a winner.

Forest Essentials Luxurious Ayurveda - Madurai Jasmine and Mogra Bath and Shower Oil - $22/6.8 oz

This after bath and shower moisturizer is a seductive blend of essential and all-natural oils formulated to leave your skin smooth with a subtle, seductive scent. Apply this oil on wet skin to seal in moisture. 

This product I liked. Because of the Jasmine it actually smells a bit like the Rodin oil (though far less luxurious). It isn't too greasy and does absorb pretty quickly into the skin. I'm also pretty sure I received a full size bottle of this stuff. Not my favorite bath oil as in I probably wouldn't repurchase, but not terrible either. It is moisturizing and I do enjoy the scent.

Heartland Fragrance Co. - Bath Salts - $10/30 oz

Indulge in healing aromatherapy with these 100% pure Epsom bath sales. Treat yourself to a full body boost with these herb-infused accents in your bathing routine. Use weekly to dramatically reduce tension and refresh your skin.

These smelled pretty good and came in a pretty large bag. I don't really use salts when I bathe (I prefer bath bombs and  the like), but these weren't terrible. Theres supposed to be a lot of amazing properties to bathing with bath salts. Made my skin feel soft, not a whole lot more to say about these.

Oscar Blandi - Pronto Dry Heat Protectant Spray - $23/4 oz

A dry spray protectant enriched with keratin proteins and paraban free. This product is your best defense against heat styling and hot tools. The unique formula strengthens and protects your precious tresses, enhances shine and ensures a firm hold - prepare for fabulous hairstyling.

I actually like Oscar Blandi stuff. I'm pretty sure this exact item was recently in birchbox, so I can imagine those ladies who received this again weren't too thrilled. I on the other hand liked this. I can't really attest for heat protectant as my hair stands up to the heat well enough, but it did make my hair shinier and held onto my style for a bit longer (I mean I shower every day anyway, but it lasted all day without frizzing).

Pleats Please by Issey Miyake - Eau de Toilette - $92/3.4 oz

A fashion forward fragrance inspired by world renowned designer Issey Miyake's iconic Pleats Please ready wear line. Enjoy the effervescent, sensual, and addictive notes which embody the essence of joy, femininity, and elegance. 

I really wish that subscription boxes would stop sending perfume samples. I like my perfume and will most likely not purchase yours. It is one of the reasons I cancelled my birchbox. With that said, this isn't a terrible fragrance and I have worn it a few times. I know that many others were really excited about this being in their box. I would have rather received just about anything else.

Zoya Nail Lacquers - $8/.5 oz

These uniquely ornate nail lacquers will transform your nails into jewels. The long wearing and toxin-free formula will keep your nails sparkling all season, and looking their glossy best.



I used glossy boxes zoya storm on all the nails except the accent nail which I used Luxeboxes Essie in Leading Lady. I liked this polish, it was very pretty and quite on season. It was a lovely black with white glitter in it.

Jewelmint - Various styles - $29.99

Inspired by the runway, vintage jewelry and on-trend celebrity style, Jewelmint.com offers a versatile jewelry collection each month and recommends pieces that match your personal style. 

I don't really like costume jewelry, so I gave this ring to my mother. I just feel bad because I gave it to her before I took a picture of it and you can't really see it in the original pictures. Oh well, I don't really think it was any great loss.


Considering how much I disliked the fall luxebox, I was really pleasantly surprised by the winter one. I used pretty much all of the products in here and some of them (such as the kabuki brush) I use everyday.

Eyeko Mini Skinny Brush Mascara

The dispersed bristles and slim design of our Skinny Brush grab and capture the shortest lashes to lengthen and extend. Use eyeko skinny brush mascara for perfect luscious lashes. 

I really liked this product. I loved what it did for the lashes. It lengthened them and thickened them without making them clumpy. They were lush and dark and wonderful. The only thing I wasn't warned about was the fact that this is a waterproof formula. I don't like nor use waterproof formulas. I ended up giving this to a friend, but had it not been waterproof this might have been my new favorite mascara.

Essie Nail Lacquer in Leading Lady

Get into the holiday spirit this season by decorating your nails with Essie's latest holiday collection with this supreme deep red with glitter. Free of DBP, toluene, and formaldehyde.

You can see the image of this nail polish above. It was a lovely red sparkle. It is simply a gorgeous color. I love this polish and will absolutely use it again and again.

Orland Eye Contour

A treatment specially designed to provide true biological rest for the fragile skin around the eyes.

This stuff burns for a few seconds after putting it on, but I can defiantly see the difference. It brightens and plumps up the skin under the eye. I just can't believe how expensive this is (and ultimately the price of the sample)! I might have recommended this to my mother if not for that.

Marc Anthony Beach Spray

Create natural, effortless, beach hair worn loose, soft, and wavy with this Marc Anthony Beach Spray.

I'm going to be perfectly honest, I have not used this nor the Marc Anthony Curl Defining Lotion (seen below). I wear my hair straight nearly every single day. I might try these out in the summer where I am more likely to let my natural hair out, but not now. I even wrote on their survey that I wear my hair straight so I am not particularly sure why they sent this to everyone.

Marc Anthony Strictly urls Curl Defining Lotion

This alcohol-free, lightweight, non-sticky formula enriched with Vitamin E and Vitamin B binds to the curl strands to create definition, while leaving your curls bouncy and soft.

Donna Karen - Woman

The strength and softness of woman is expressed through creamy notes of orange flower than delicately wrap the confident signature core of Haitian vetiver and sandalwood.

As stated above, I am not a fan of receiving perfumes in subscription boxes. However, this is an exception. I mostly hate them because they give you these tiny vials that I can get as samples anywhere.  This was an absolute deluxe sized sample (its the oddly shaped bottle all the way to the far left in the image above). It smelled really good as well. I gave this to a friend who loved the scent and was very appreciative!

Kerastase Cristalliste Lumier Liquide 

A weightless serum with a radiant shine that will leave the hair shiny, smooth, and soft to the touch.

I did not like the sample size of this. It was house in the sample size tubes one usually finds for perfumes. I did like the product. It did all the things the glossybox one promised. It made my hair lush and shiny, moisturized, and frizz-free. I might consider purchasing this in the future.

Loose Button Kabuki Brush

A kabuki brush that works with many different types of makeup, delicately made to accentuate every feature.

This was perhaps my favorite item out of both boxes. Oddly enough, I don't own a kabuki brush, and as such this was a welcome addition to my brush family. I now use this brush almost daily. I absolutely love this thing!

Loosebutton USA was only available for a promotional period and is no longer available to purchase in the states (one can still get the Canadian one if they live there). Glossybox is a monthly subscription box that is $21 a month and can be purchased from http://www.glossybox.com/

2 comments:

  1. The Donna Karen Woman bottle is cute. I like those mini bottles. I saw one from Marchesa as a perk from Sephora and had to trade in my points for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sephora was doing a lot of those deluxe sized perfume bottles in december. The bottles are pretty but I'm usually pretty set on my perfumes, so I save my points =)

      Delete