Thursday, February 7, 2013

Le Metier de Beaute Peau Vierge Tinted Luminizer

Taken from Le Metier's Website

I recently made a visit to the Le Metier de Beaute counter in Westchester and received a deluxe sized sample of this treatment (hence no image). It is a much smaller bottle of the original treatment, but I wanted to review it none the less (I also figured it went along with my series the past few weeks of reviewing foundations). Funny enough, I just did the calculations and my sample bottle contains .34 fl oz while the actually size is 1.0 fl oz, which means that my sample bottle is a little under 1/3 the size of the original bottle. That is one heck of a sample size!

This product is meant to not only give your skin some light coverage and luminosity, but is also filled with skin care benefits that are meant to benefit you in the long run. Le metier states, "this tinted treatment formula is the first and most effective of its kind, combining the known anti-aging benefits of Retinol with cutting edge Syntoc Acti technology clinically proven to be 20 times more effective at delivering active ingredients into the dermis layer of the skin than traditional topical applications. Light-diffusing pigments help fade away lines and instantly impart a renewed radiance and healthy glow to the skin, with SPF 20 to guard against the damaging effects of the sun. Applies as a sheer gossamer wash for a flawless luminous finish." This product comes in three shades, though because it is so sheer one would probably be able to wear any of the three (I know I have NC15 skin and I can wear both shade 1 and 2).

I have not been using this long enough or consistently enough to review the actual skincare properties, however I like that they are there. I can attest to how lovely this makes your skin look. When my skin is looking great I can wear this on its own. It is very light coverage, but it makes your skin look amazing. It is a bit sparkly, but I don't think it looks like you have a disco ball coming out of your face. When my skin is a bit more finicky, I can wear this layered underneath a heavier foundation. The luminosity shines through and still makes me skin look radiant. Le metier recommends that you don't use a primer underneath this as you want this to be in direct contact with your skin. Using this formula as a primer works just as well as any other primer I have tried. I keep debating back and forth whether I plan on purchasing a full size when I finish the sample as its on the more expensive side at $125 a pop.

This can be purchased anywhere there is a Le Metier de Beaute counter in stores or online at Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom, Saks, or http://www.lemetierdebeaute.com

No comments:

Post a Comment