Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Urban Decay vs. Lorac Eye Primer


I have been a big fan of Urban Decay's Primer Potions for quite awhile. I have both the original version in nude that dries "invisibly" (you can generally see the nude color even after it dries down) and their sin color which is a champagne shimmer and makes your eyeshadows metallicy. I have loved these two for awhile, however, they don't seem to make my shadow hold up as long as I would like. I now work all day and have class all night and my eyeshadow just has not been lasting through my day. I started using sin more and more as I think it makes my shadow last longer than the original, but I hated that I was forced to wear a metallic every day. If anyone is interested this also comes in Greed, which is a gold, and Eden, which is a matte and turns all of your shadows matte. I started looking for an alternative eye primer and found the Lorac Behind the Scenes Eye Primer.

The Lorac product is described as a "gentle, lightweight eyeshadow primer that is oil free, fragrance free, and paraben free." This product is actually invisible after application and, although my eyeshadow still doesn't make it through the day (I don't think there's any product that can perform that feat of magic) it does last much, much longer. Although I still like Urban Decay's sin from time to time, the Lorac primer has absolutely taken the place as my everyday eye primer. It makes my shadows pop, stay crease free, and last and last. It does everything I loved about the Urban Decay Primer Potion, plus the added benefit of lasting longer (and actually being invisible). I highly recommend this to women who don't have time to be touching up their eyeshadow mid day.

The Urban Decay products can be purchased from Ulta or Sephora or online at http://www.urbandecay.com. The Lorac product can also be bought at Ulta or Sephora or online at either of these retailers or http://www.loraccosmetics.com.

2 comments:

  1. Nice review!!! I like the Urban Decay one better ...with "Nude" it´s like usuing MAC Paiterly Piantpot, you already have your skin color right on...

    http://jezzdallasmakeup.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. true, but I love something that is truly invisible because sometimes my nails push product onto the bridge of my nose and its quite visible. Weirdly enough, I have never use mac paint pots...I should probably get one that!

      Delete