Thursday, January 10, 2013

Koh Gen Doh Maifanshi Moisture Foundation



This foundation had the possibility to be my new HG foundation. It had everything I have ever wanted out of a foundation and I was in love. That is, until I broke out. I literally have to be the only person who has ever broken out from this foundation. I have checked reviews from Sephora, makeup alley, blogs, etc and have heard about this being too light of coverage, too expensive, not containing as much in the bottle as other bottles, etc, but have never heard of anyone breaking out. Sadly though, I did and so this had to go back.

I figured I would let you all know about this foundation anyway though since I did find it to be such an amazing foundation. It blended seamlessly into my skin and was absolutely undetectable. It was moisturizing and luminizing without any sparkle. It just made my skin brighter and naturally luminous. It is only slightly heavier coverage than a tinted moisturizer, more along the lines of a bb cream. It feels like nothing on your skin and is just a fantastically luxurious foundation. 

I would absolutely recommend this. It would have been my HG foundation had it not broken me out.

This can be bought from Barney's, Sephora, or online at http://www.sephora.com or http://www.kohgendocosmetics.com/

8 comments:

  1. Oh no, sorry, did you figure out the ingredients? Maybe anything special that made you brake out?
    Heard so many great things about it!

    http://jezzdallasmakeup.blogspot.com/



    ReplyDelete
  2. The lady I worked with at Barney's said that perhaps it was all the natural oils. Sometimes something that is too natural can have a negative effect? Idk

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sad that it didn't work out! I guess natural isn't always best? Not always non-comedogenic, maybe... It really does sound lovely, up to that point!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yup, thats basically what the Barney's lady said. She said that sometimes if its too natural and too good it has a negative effect. I really liked it though and so I encourage anyone looking for a good foundation to try it as I'm pretty sure I'm the only one on this planet who had a problem with this. haha It's ok though, I think I may have found something else I like...

      Delete
  4. It might be the Cyclopentasiloxane. It's in many cosmetics and can cause break outs in some people. I break out every.single.time I use something with cyclopentasiloxane in it! Sorry to hear that it didn't work for you and hope you find your HG foundation soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello! I just discovered your blog. You know what, I actually experienced some breakouts from the Koh Gen Do also! I thought I was crazy at first, but lo and behold, my skin, which is usually very clear, got a few big cystic pimples thanks for this. So unfortunate, too, because it is so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hah I thought I was crazy too especially due to all the good reviews and that it's filled with all these great things! Glad to know I wasn't the only one. I agree it was very unfortunate as I loved how this looked!

      Delete