Thursday, January 31, 2013

Burberry Velvet and Luminous Foundation and Fresh Glow Luminous Base


Looks like this is just going to be a very Burberry week! Looking through the internet, I have not really seen any comparisons of the Burberry Velvet and the Luminous Foundations. So I decided to provide you with one while also reviewing the Fresh Glow Luminous Base. As you can see from the above image, I only own samples of these products and as such I will not be reviewing the containers. My new Barneys sa (Jason out in California) sent me these to play with.

Burberry describes the Velvet foundation as "being like a trench coat for the skin, Velvet Foundation is a sophisticated, long lasting formula that provides effortless protection with a flawless, velvety finish for a radiant, matte look." This formula contains long wear, second skin effect, hydration, and is weatherproof. It is an oil-free formula.

Burberry describes the Luminous foundation as "a sheer and light cream fluid. A gelled structure for optimum light diffusion. A subtle finish and natural glow that illuminate the skin. The skin feels beautifully bare, supple and comfortable. This is a hydrating formula that contains UV filters to protect from damaging environmental exposure."

Just by opening these containers, one can see a big texture difference that I believe you can even see in the pictures. The foundation on the right is the velvet foundation and the one on the left is the luminous foundation. The velvet is more liquidy and runny while the luminous foundation stays put, it is much richer and creamier. Both of these foundations are very moisturizing (something I look for in a foundation). The velvet foundation keeps you much more matte looking while the luminous foundation imparts a dewy glow. I have very dry skin and found I needed to blot by the early evening, so those with oily skin may not love this. The luminous foundation is also much more sheer than the velvet foundation, but can easily be built up. I would say the velvet foundation is more medium coverage. I love both of these formulas. I felt that both of them felt great on the skin, they both melted in so that they remained undetectable, and both made me look flawless without exacerbating my dry skin (or accentuating it for that matter). If I had to choose one to buy I would have a very hard time of it! I'm so happy that I recently purchased the By Terry foundation only because if I needed to purchase a foundation still I would probably have ended up with both of these; they are both so wonderful!

The Fresh Glow Luminous Base is described by Burberry as "a lightweight, luminous fluid base that gives the skin a gentle fresh shimmer and sherry dewy finish. The unique pink color compliments all skin tones and enhances the complexion for an effortlessly radiant, healthy look. The beautifying formula contains wild rose extract, which proves moisturizing benefits and regenerating properties. The skin is hydrated, protected and has a natural healthy glow."

Jason from Burberry told me this can be worn before foundation as a primer, mixed with your favorite foundation to turn it into a tinted moisturizer, or tapped over makeup to use as a highlighter. This can even be mixed with concealer and applied under the eyes to make the concealer brighter, smoother, and more luminous. He stated that this was the best seller. As another option, I like to use it under the velvet foundation to make it look more like the luminous foundation without my skin feeling greasy by the end of the day! This product is amazing! In the container it has a white, pearly, ethereal glow that is just amazing. You can see the  glowiness of the product before you ever apply it to your skin! Amazing.

If you have any other questions about any of the products that I didn't cover in my comparison, feel free to ask me in the comments.

These products can be purchased as select Nordstroms and Saks or online at http://us.burberry.com/store/fragrance-beauty/

2 comments:

  1. Hi
    I just bought the Burberry Luminous Foundation and sampled the Velvet one. They are really wonderful! The top brands are really knocking it out the park with these new formula's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, they seriously are. It's making it harder and harder to only own one!

      Delete