- Mama Fashionista: Quinn of Mama Fashionista tells you all about how to stay summer time fresh with gud body washes.
- Adore A Polish: Kristina shares her experience of the Origins Checks and Balances face wash.
- Lola's Secret Beauty Blog: If you are struggling to find ways to beat the summer heat, then discover Perlier Italian Sorbet Limone Refreshing Crackling Ice Body Water.
- Makeup Demon: Two not boring shades eye pencils by Rimmel - review!
- TheFabZilla: Sneak-a-peek! Come check out TheFabZilla's woman cave a.k.a makeup room-slash-home office.
- The Socialite's Closet: See what Ellen from The Socialite's Closet thought of her stay at Spa Django in Texas.
- ColorMeSoCrazy: Check out my art with KKCenterHk Nail Studs!
- Harajuku Girl FL Beauty: Thinking about starting a Julep subscription? Read about this blogger's experience.
- Beauty by Miss L: Check out Miss L´s red-blue-white manicure.
- Confessions of a Sarcastic Mom: Destany's favorite lipstick finish is matte - she she tried out NYX Bloody Mary matte lipstick!
- Icy Nails: OPI Tiffany Case is a cool blue stunner and a great favorite at Icy Nails.
- XOXO Alexis Leigh: Fairy or butterfly? You be the judge at XOXO Alexis Leigh.
- The Convenient Beauty: Create an easy smokey look for Asian eyes with Dior 5-color Smokey Design.
- Geniabeme: Come take a look at what I think about Kiehl's Clearly Corrective Dark Spot Solution!
- Rachel's Makeup and Skincare: Rachel compares three different colors from Le Metier de Beaute's Cheek and Lip Tints.
- Daydreaming Beauty: Summer means easy makeup! This week I test Clinique Chubby Shadow Sticks for Eyes. No makeup brushes needed!
- Betzy's Makeup A Beauty Blog: I haven't done a favorites post in almost a year! Check out what I'm loving in June.
- Midnight Manicures: A weekend in beauty paradise. Jamie show's you what Generation Beauty is all about with her great pictures and review.
- Fun Fierce Fabulous Beauty Over 50!: Masqueology's lifting & firming mask is excellent for anti-aging skin.
- Glamorable!: Anastasia is celebrating 4th of July with a colorful manicure.
Friday, July 5, 2013
Tuesday, July 2, 2013
Hey all! I am back and ready to share some of my splurges from the past few weeks. I am afraid that I threw out all the boxes from my recent purchases and so sadly those are not going to be included in the next few posts.
I thought I would start off by showing you two more lip and cheek tints from Le Metier de Beaute. As you can see I was not lying when I said I planned on purchasing more when I purchased the tint in Coral Nymph. These two are Mystique, which is a cool pink with a slight shimmer to it that is described as "bubblegum pink" and Tenne, which is a a nude tan shade.
These products are described as "Le Metier de Beaute Creme Fresh Tint for Lip and Cheek hydrates as it delivers a fresh flush of color to your skin. The smooth formula glides on effortlessly, offering brilliant blendability for a seamless application and flawless, natural-looking finish. Formulated with vitamin E and lecithin, it nourishes and replenishes moisture to promote a healthy look and long-lasting, comfortable feel."
My review from coral nymph is essentially the same (they are great tints that have a very creamy texture that blend into the skin easily and are very hard to overdo). The only thing I am going to change in my review is that these can be used as lip tints. I had originally stated that I had trouble using them on the lips and I found that if applied with a lip brush instead of your finger, they look quite nice. They are a bit drying, but other than that they are full coverage and look rather good.
I think I would eventually like to get Ginger Lilly and Poppy to round out my collection. I simply love these and I think they are perfect for the summer months as they are quite long lasting even through a little sweat.
These products can be purchased at Saks, Bergdorf Goodman, Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom, or anywhere else Le Metier de Beaute products are sold. I purchased mine from a vault pairing on the Le Metier website.
Thursday, June 6, 2013
Hey everyone. For the next few weeks I am not planning on posting with any amount of frequency. Not to say I do not plan on posting as I have a bunch of things I still need to review, but it won't be with much frequency. I have 3 weeks left of this year for school (I am a graduate student) and then I have summer vacation (where my reviews will become more frequent again).
Until then I have a special request. Do I have any readers that live in London (or close to it) that is willing to help me out with something? Please email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for reading my blog and I hope you all continue to do so. Please stay tuned for some new skincare reviews really soon. I haven't reviewed skincare in awhile and I have a lot of products that are overdue such as a review of a few Le Metier Skincare products, and Lush products and a few less well known brands!
Saturday, June 1, 2013
- Mama Fashionista: Quinn's Mini Fashionista, Peyton shares her five favorite things from May!
- Adore A Polish: Kristina shows us her current skincare favorites.
- Lola's Secret Beauty Blog: If you love a great lip balm, then you will madly love Osmia Organics Honey-Myrrh Lip Repair! It's that great!
- TheFabZilla: Think outside the kitchen! TheFabZilla shares how she stores her makeups using kitchen utensils organizer.
- The Glossy Pages by gloss48: Meet the ladies behind beauty startup gloss48 on Boldfacers!
- The Socialite's Closet: Enter to win the Aveeno Protect & Hydrate line via scentednights.
- Beauty Professor: Forever on a peachy-pink lipstick hunt, the Beauty Professor has fallen in love with Top Shop's rendition called Whimsical!
- Rachel's Makeup and Skincare: Rachel plays with Chanel's new colored mascaras from their Summer 2013 collection and is less than impressed. Find out why.
- Beauty Apocalypse: Beauty Apocalypse has some great make-up tips for traveling!
- ColorMeSoCrazy: Nail Stamping Challenge! Best design to date!!
- Beauty by Miss L: Is Palmer´s Eventone BB Cream as good as it is promised on the packaging?
- The Convenient Beauty: Joanne redoes her wedding makeup from a few years back and feels much better.
- The Passenger Element: Hourglass Opaque Rouge Liquid Lipstick in Icon.
- Daydreaming Beauty: How to make an all natural coconut lip scrub!
Friday, May 31, 2013
I know this is very tricky to find, but I am pretty sure you can still get this online at Saks.com or ebay, so I am going to review it anyway incase you have found it and are thinking of purchasing and looking for a review on the product.
I contemplated back and forth on this purchase. After seeing reviews online I wanted to get the other color in this, escapade, but when I went down to the store to purchase, I decided I wasn't as thrilled with it because it was so sheer. I did, however, fall in love with pink haze. Unfortunately, they were sold out in this and so I left sans my eyeshadow. A week later I received a pre-order email from Saks stating they were getting this back in - SCORE! If you are hesitant to buy this, I would say buy it as you will probably regret not getting it later.
This is a pink with peach tones and gold pearl.
I normally do not like cream shadows and stay away from them, mostly because I find them messy, hard to work with, and generally not long lasting (i.e. creasing). This shadow is absolutely incredible. It is incredibly pigmented, lasts all day with no fading or creasing, is very blend able and easy to work with, and does not have the same texture as your average cream eyeshadow. This eyeshadow is creamy and soft. I do not have to scrape my finger or brush across the top to get color. It is almost like a whipped mouse, it kinda has the texture of those whipped body lotions. I am now upset that I did not also get escapade. I'll absolutely be getting any other colors they come out with in the future.
As I said before, I am not sure where you can still get this, but I am sure with enough perseverance you can find this if you want it.
As I said before, I am not sure where you can still get this, but I am sure with enough perseverance you can find this if you want it.
Tuesday, May 28, 2013
This will be my last glossybox post. I have official canceled this service as I am fed up with them and can no longer afford to spend my money on their cruddy service. I am sick of their cruddy shipping, cruddy customer service, and lately cruddy boxes. This is my May box:
AmorePacific: Color Control Cushion Compact
Etre Belle: Collageb and Aloe Vera Hydro Mask
European Wax Center: The Exfoliate and Slow it Body Wash
My Prime: Multi-Purpose Mattifying Moisturizer
Nicka K New York: Absolute! Perfume Stick
Sebastian Professional: Volupt Spray
The only product in this box I was excited about was the AmorePacfic CC cream, but they managed to give the darkest color to someone who filled out their box survey as "fair" skinned. Thank you glossybox. The Etre Belle was a single mask, the European Wax Center were foil packets, and the My Prime is useless to someone with dry skin. What a great one year anniversary box. I have signed up for PopSugar Must Have Box (I have heard amazing things about this service) and you can expect to see an update on this box hopefully later this month! =)
If you care to order this horrendous box you can purchase it from http://www.glossybox.com/ at $21 a month, but I don't recommend you do so.
Saturday, May 25, 2013
- Makeup Demon: Dark, dramatic, alternative style couple photo shoot.
- Confessions of a Sarcastic Mom: Destany tries out FEVERshadow in Play in the Waves!
- Mama Fashionista: Who knew hair fragrance could be so awesome (and useful)? Find out why Quinn fell in love with GG Gatsby's Flirt in a Bottle!
- Lola's Secret Beauty Blog: Susan Thompson Cosmetics created a real treasure with Zeona, a breathtakingly beautiful pearl-laden peachy apricot Creamy Lip Gloss.
- MakeUpMom123: Huge Spring Fling Giveaway - 44 Winners!
- Beauty by Miss L: Miss L found great eyeshadow duo for natural everyday looks by Dermosil.
- Trés Beau Glamour: Looking for a way to spice up your everyday look with a glamorous touch? Check out this tutorial by Nay she calls Graze Over The Grass.
- Midnight Manicures: Textured nail polish meets Summer colors in the Julie G Gumdrops Collection. See Jeanie's review and enter our giveaway for a complete collection.
- TheFabZilla: She can't believe it either but TheFabZilla is on the roll again with her new batch of product empties!
- Rachel's Makeup and Skincare: Rachel finally has the chance to play with Guerlain's Iridescent Loose Eyeshadow and loves it!
- The Glossy Pages by gloss48: Blogger and beauty junkie Lauren R. shares her science-based skincare obsession, Somme Institute.
- ColorMeSoCrazy: Check out the Water Marbling I did for my Fans!!
- Beauty by Arielle: Why Clarisonic is Worth the Splurge.
- Shades Of Beauty, Inc.: Some Random Blue Polish Swatches...Can't go wrong with Blue.
Thursday, May 23, 2013
When Chanel announced their Summer 2013 collection would include different colored mascaras, I knew one would have to be mine. Their collection includes a yellow, green, aqua, and blue. I don't believe I have ever seen mascara in yellow before. I got all kinds of excited and immediately began scoping out my local counters until I found one that had these in stock.
Chanel recommends only applying these mascaras to the very tips of your lashes to create an effect much like butterfly wings. Well, I tried the green one in store (lime light) and I quite frankly thought the look was a bit clownish. I would still like to try the yellow and aqua at some point, but I picked up the more low-key royal blue colored Blue Note and I am torn on whether I like this or not.
"The mascara that delivers it all -- volume, length, curl and precise separation -- in a long-wearing, waterproof formula that won't flake or smudge. Pro-Vitamin B5 hydrates and conditions lashes to keep them supple and healthy-looking. A unique brush design provides perfectdefinition of lashes, even the finest."
First the mascara itself. This is the first Chanel mascara I own, let alone an Inimitable waterproof mascara. Personally, I don't specifically like waterproof formulas to begin with, and this one is particularly hard to get off, which might be a pro for some, but is a con for me. Next, I have a hard time getting this to look thick on my lashes and it wasn't till I tried to apply this to my arm that I realized it's just really hard to get product off of the applicator. Speaking of the applicator, I dislike the plastic type applicator that this utilizes. I do not think this mascara does anything that it says it does. I don't think it specifically curls, provides volume, or length. It does separate my lashes, but only if I am careful that they don't stick together while drying.
As for the color. I really like the color itself and I am always taken aback when I pull the wand from the tube and I absolutely love the look on my lashes, but it doesn't stand out as much as I would have liked and I cannot apply this to just the tips of my lashes because you absolutely cannot see it. I have even tried layering this over my black mascara in general so I can have the oomph of mascara, but the coloring of this and it cannot compete with the black at all. This can only be worn by itself, which means when I wear this I have to contend with weak, meek lashes.
In conclusion, I am torn because I really do like the color and how it looks on the lashes, but it is a seriously crappy formula which I would never willingly purchase if not for the color.
Have you guys tried any of these? What do you think of the formula/colors. Should I bother trying the other colors?
This product can be purchased from any Chanel counter - Macy's, Lord and Taylor, Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom, Barney's, Saks...etc. or online at http://www.chanel.com or any of these retailers online.
Wednesday, May 22, 2013
New for this summer only is the Guerlain Iridescent Loose Eyeshadows in Bronze and Cuivre. I originally had no intention of buying either of these, as I don't general like loose shadows, but I saw a review on it on Best Things in Beauty blog and found it too hard to pass up. I bought the Cuivre color which is an incredibly metallic coppery gold color that looks like liquid metal on the eyes.
"The secret to beautiful eyes this summer. Guerlain's iridescent loose eyeshadows in Cuivre Ora and Bronze Ora impart an immediate metallic sheen with a single, light application."
This eyeshadow comes in a long tube with a sponge tipped applicator. I have yet to actually apply this with the applicator, but I instead swipe off some of the product from the applicator onto a brush, however I was told that the sponge applicator works perfectly well for quick application.
Considering how much I dislike loose shadows, this stays on the eyes for a surprisingly long time without fallout and application is pretty clean. I would just suggest that you pull out the applicator slowly as a quick tug will send copper eyeshade everywhere. I would also suggest application over a sink.
This product can be purchased from Nordstom, Neiman Marcus, Bergdorf Goodman, Saks, or any of these retailers online. I don't think it is available at Sephora.
Tuesday, May 21, 2013
Hey everyone. I apologize for being MIA these past few weeks, but I have been really busy and I hope that I will be able to pick up on the posts again. I figured I would start where I left off on the week dedicated to Le Metier de Beaute. This is the Creme Fresh Cheek and Lip Tint in Coral Nymph. I usually prefer my blushes to be powder, but this blush is absolutely stunning.
"Crème Fresh Tints for Lip and Cheek create a sheer wash of color to brighten cheeks and lips for a radiant glow. Blended over make-up or on fresh clean cheeks, Crème Fresh Tints can be worn alone or together for a completely customized look. Dab on lips for a fresh stain; add Clearly Brilliant over the tint for a brilliant shine."
The top swatch is a heavy swatch and the one underneath is a little more blended in to look how it would appear on your cheeks. It is a gorgeous pinky coral color that is right on par for this season. I think this tint looks incredibly natural and is also very buildable if you are looking for more color on your cheeks. I like how natural it looks. The color is also incredibly beautiful and this seriously lasts all day. The first time I wore it my boyfriend commented that "I'm not sure what you did different with your makeup, but I really like it." That was proof enough for me.
This tint is incredibly creamy, but creamier than any other cheek stain I have ever used. Definitely be careful when you stick your finger in this as it is really easy to grab too much product. The only negative about this product is that it cannot be used on the lips as they say it can. It is way to creamy to use on ones lips. It rolled up into balls on my lips and was quite gross and had to be immediately taken off. But considering most of these duel cheek and lip tint products often cannot be applied to the lips because of it being too dry, I can't say I'm surprised.
This tint comes in five different colors, so I am sure you can find one that suites your complexion!
This product can be purchased at Saks, Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus, and Bergdrof Goodman, or any of these retailers online.
Saturday, May 11, 2013
- MakeUpMom123: Huge Spring Fling Giveaway - 44 Winners!
- Mama Fashionista: Check out the products that Quinn of Mama Fashionista kept reaching for last month; it's April Favorites!
- Lola's Secret Beauty Blog: There are thousands of reasons to love Nordstrom, and their iconic Trend Show should be one of them! This is what you can look forward to!
- Hairspray and High Heels: Hairspray and High Heels turned 1! $250 Sephora Gift Card Giveaway is on to celebrate!
- TheFabZilla: TheFabZilla goes casual. Check out her face and outfit of the day post. Well, only if you are curious.
- Beauty by Miss L: Miss L reviewed Reviva Labs Cleansing Gel, which has lately been one of her favorites.
- ColorMeSoCrazy: Review and Swatches of LynBDesigns- Twitterpated Collection.
- Beauty by Arielle: Everyone Loves a Peek into a Beauty Blogger's Makeup Collection. Here is Arielle's!
- Love At First Site!: Reviewing Kiehl's BB Cream Actively Correcting and Beautifying with SPF 50 PA+++.
- Shades Of Beauty, Inc.: More Salon Perfect Manicures & a Giveaway reminder.
- Rachel's Makeup and Skincare: Rachel shows off some of the Le Metier de Beaute eyeliners in her collection.
- Peace Love & Glitter: The secret to a perfect sock bun is... using a styler! I compare two and declare a sock bun champion!
- The Passenger Element: Lips and Tips Summer Giveaway ft Illamasqua, WetnWild, L'Oreal.
- The Fabulous Mind of a Wacky Mama Bear: Can a sulfate-free shampoos hold their own against regular shampoos? See what Wacky Mama Bear thought of Aveeno Pure Renewal Shampoo & Conditioner.
Wednesday, May 8, 2013
Le Metier de Beaute Precision Liquid Eyeliner in Blue and Dualistic Eye Pencil in Champagne and Tamarak
To start off my week of Le Metier to thank the company for their outstanding customer service, I thought I would show all of the eyeliners I have from them. I own two of their Dualistic Eye Pencils and one of their Precision Liquid Eyeliners. All three are outstanding and have gotten a lot of use.
The upper two swatches are both the eye pencils. The top most is champagne and is a gorgeous taupe. The second down is Tamarak and is a bronzy brown. Both are amazing eyeliners. They are perfectly smudge able and as such can be worn as eyeshadows as well as eyeliners. I very typically use champagne as a base color. Once set they last all day.
"Whether it's defined line or a subtle smudged sultry look, this velvety-soft formula delivers rich pigmented color and allows easy application for versatile, sophisticated looks."
The final swatch is of the Precision Liquid Eyeliner. I couldn't decide between aqua or blue and ultimately might end up with both, but the one I currently own is the blue. It is such a pretty sky blue and I absolutely love the applicator. It is a felt tipped pen that makes using liquid liner a breeze to use. It also lasts all day and I mean like it doesn't come off. I have to use makeup remover at the end of the day to get it off. This is one amazing pen.
"This long-wearing, smudge-proof formula contains a unique soft quill-tipped applicator for maximum control and definition. Fat base allows for stability, maximum control, and definition while lining eyes."
The precision pen in blue might be hard to find, but I know Bergdorf Goodman still carries it in aqua. As for the dualistic eye pencil, that can be purchased anywhere Le Metier is sold (Bergdorf, Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus, Saks, etc.).
Saturday, May 4, 2013
- Love At First Site!: Breaking News.Korres Summer Fun! Lips & Cheeks. SS13 Limited Edition.
- Mama Fashionista: Clark's Botanicals has all the juicy color (and luxe formula) you need for your lips this spring!
- Lola's Secret Beauty Blog: If you have a penchant for hybrid lipsticks that have the feel of a lip balm and the qualities of a lipstick, then you must try Bite Beauty Lush Lip Tints.
- Emily Hudspeth, hair design and makeup artist: DIY Makeup Tips for Prom.
- TheFabZilla: TheFabZilla reviews Korres Mango Butter Lipstick in Coral. Yay or nay? Find out!
- Ishah x Beauty: Ishah gets a Japanese gel manicure at Atlas Studio. Edgy Half Moons, glitter and rhinestones!
- ColorMeSoCrazy: Check out my custom Liquid Lacquer polish I got for my BIRTHDAY!!
- MakeUpMom123: Ivory 2-in-1 Hair & Body Wash.
- Beauty by Arielle: What can you use a bar of Dove soap for? Brush Cleaning!
- Cult of Taupe: Want that Clarisonic clean, without the Clarisonic Price? Check out my review of the Spa Sonic Skin Care System.
- Makeup Demon: Do you know how much $ you have spent on cosmetics?! - participate in Survey!
- Shades Of Beauty, Inc.: Hosting My 1st Giveaway: Salon Perfect Nail Lacquer Giveaway.
- Rachel's Makeup and Skincare: Rachel reviews the new Nars Larger than Life Barrow Street eyeliner and she approves!
- Hairspray and High Heels: An East Coast vs West Coast Makeup Collab for day & night looks!
- Chickettes.com: Neon is hot this season! Check out these swatches of the Gelish Rio Neon Collection!
- Beauty Professor: Summer is right around the corner and, to help you prepare, the Beauty Professor has swatches of the entire Tom Ford Beauty Summer 2013 Collection!
- Makeup by Kim Porter: Kim Porter Reviews AJ Crimson's BB Cream, see why it is her favorite.
- Baking Beauty: Baking Beauty shares her favorite drugstore liquid eyeliner.
- The Passenger Element: Makeup Forever Aqua Creams in #2, #15 (swatch/review).
Friday, May 3, 2013
I wanted to give a very special shout out to those who work at Le Metier de Beaute.com. I was incredibly impressed with their customer care. Let me explain: Last week I bought a few Le Metier skin care products from their website and ended up spending a lot of money. Well, this week Le Metier ran a one day special stating that anyone who purchased anything from their website on that day would get an orange nail polish. I commented on their facebook (which I am a "fan" of) stating that it would have been nice had this gone on last week when I had spent the aforementioned money. Today I come home to a package from Le Metier with the nail polish and this hand written note. Outstanding! I cannot give this company enough praise and with this one simple act they have made me a loyal customer for life. I feel like I haven't shared with you all the wonderful products that I have purchased from Le Metier (mostly because they aren't from the new lines and I have been wanting to get out newer products), but to say thank you to this amazing company, next week will be devoted to reviews of Le Metier products!!!
EDIT: I didn't even realize, but this is from the CEO of the company. That just makes this even cooler! =)
Thursday, May 2, 2013
When I first saw the promotional photo for Nars Summer 2013 line, I knew I needed to have Barrow Street in my life. I immediately called Sasha (my Nars sales associate) and told her that when she got it in, not to bother calling me to verify, charge me up and ship it out! Let me tell you, I was not disappointed.
I like Nars Larger than Life Eyeliners to begin with. Nars states their eyeliner "takes liner to the next level. Rich, creamy color that glides on smoothly with a completely smudge proof finish. Incomparable 12-hour wear with no smearing and no caking. Deeply dramatic shades named for the iconic streets in the world."
This pencil/crayon/whatever you want to call it, has a twist up feature (I love anything that doesn't need to be sharpened), with a pull out sharpener in the back to sharpen the pencil to a point. This eyeliner is incredibly soft and glides on with no dragging or pulling. It is a dream to use. It also seriously does not budge. When I first buy an eyeliner I like to put a line on my hand to see how long it will last when it is seriously taking a beating. This eyeliner lasted ALL day! Love it.
I was told that Barrow Street pares really well with the Euphrate eyeshadow from the summer collection. That might be next! What do you all think of the Nars summer collection?
This eyeliner can be bought wherever Nars is sold (Barney's, Sephora, Lord and Taylor, Saks, etc.) My girl Sasha would also love to take care of you and as always will include some lovely samples in with your order. You can call her at 212-833-2008.
Tuesday, April 30, 2013
Once again, Glossybox let me down by coming pretty much in May. Really glossy? Well, its here and this is what I received:
Alterna Haircare: Bamboo Style Boho Waves Tousled Texture Mist
BVLGARI: Eau Parfumee au thé Blanc Tea Bag for Bath
The Honest Company: Honest Organic Lip Balm
TIGI: Cosmetics Glow Blush
Wash with Joe: Coffeemint Invigorating Body Wash
Le Metier De Beaute: Replenishing Daily Solution
I'm not really thrilled with this box. I actually have not been thrilled with a glossybox since January. I think that if they don't step it up I'm going to be canceling very soon. If anyone wants to use the Le Metier Coupon, you can go online to http://www.lemetierdebeaute.com/ and purchase the Glossybox + LMDB lotion and use the code glossybox for $75 off.
Glossybox is a monthly subscription service for $21 a month and can be purchased at http://www.lemetierdebeaute.com/
Friday, April 26, 2013
- Mama Fashionista: Quinn of Mama Fashionista tells you how to get Sexy Smooth Legs in 3 Coconutty Steps!
- Emily Hudspeth, hair design and makeup artist: NYX Cosmetics Haul. I got all this for $60!
- Lola's Secret Beauty Blog: Not quite ready to show off your cute summer sandals because your winter feet aren't quite ready? Then follow these simple foolproof steps for pretty feet!
- Confessions of a Sarcastic Mom: The new Zoya Stunning Collection is very aptly named! Check on Destany's post featuring the polishes.
- ColorMeSoCrazy: Color Club Holo Hues 2013.
- Rachel's Makeup and Skincare: Rachel plays with the revolutionary new Armani Flash Lacquer and finds a new lipgloss love!
- TheFabZilla: It's a feat! Consuming products down to their last drop that is. Check out TheFabZilla' fourth batch of Empties!
- Makeup Demon: Purple makeup idea not only for photo shoot!
- MakeUpMom123: Internet Friends & Lots of Nail Polish.
- Beauty by Miss L: Miss L reviewed e.l.f. Therapeutic Conditioning Lip Balm which she just loves.
- The Convenient Beauty: Want a sexy and opaque nude that doesn't wash you out? Check out Tom Ford Rose Crush lipgloss.
- Beauty by Arielle: Checkout the Spring 2013 Revlon Lip Butters.
- Shades Of Beauty, Inc.: Here Comes The Sun...Salon Perfect Orange A-Peel.
- Beauty Professor: Hourglass Cosmetics just released their innovative #28 Lip Oil...the Beauty Professor weighs in on her experience with this luxe product!
Wednesday, April 24, 2013
Hey there. This is new blog series that was originally started by Pammy Blogs Beauty. I decided to jump on this bandwagon and do this series with her. You can see her original post here and follow her series as well. You can check out my April purchase here.
The idea of this series is to take the $21 a month one would spend on a beauty subscription service (Pammy chose to cancel her current subscription, I am choosing to opt into this as a "new subscription") and instead use it to buy Mac products in an effort to build a core collection of Mac items.
These are the rules (borrowed with thanks from Pammy):
Goal: Build my core MAC Collection using an average of $21.00 per month.
You can see Pammy's last installment (March) here.
I bought the pro-palette custom palette quad and a singular eyeshadow refill in cranberry. I have been wanting to make my own palette for awhile and I am really happy to be doing this. I am going to make this a metallic palette.
This is a metallic, burnt red color. It is described by mac as red-plum with pink shimmer. This color blends beautifully and is quite pigmented. I love it and cannot wait to add to this palette in the coming months. I am loving this challenge!
The quad was $9 and the eye shadow refill was $12 and I had $34.50 left over from March so that leaves me with $34.50 for May.
Anyone have any cool suggestions on what to buy in March or other future months? Feel free to share in the comments.
Mac cosmetics can be bough in a Mac boutique, Mac in Macey's or on http://www.maccosmetics.com.
Tuesday, April 23, 2013
Armani recently came out with these flash lacquers that are supposed to be a revolutionary new lip gloss that will be offered in 36 colors. I ran to an Armani counter, but found mine only had about 10 or so colors. I was lucky enough that they had the color I wanted. 202 is from the sparkling midnight shimmers and as such is a sparkly color. It is very bronzy with gold shimmer. It is stunning on.
"Giorgio Armani premieres the newest generation in lip gloss with Flash Lacquer. Flash Lacquer provides the highest reflection ever achieved, even after blotting lips. The shape and shine technology causes light to reflect off of every point of surface for a pure pop of color."
This gloss is meant to create an extremely smooth surface that fills in the lines in the lips to make an extremely smooth surface. It is supposed to have no stickiness and be very comfortable with great hydration.
I absolutely love this gloss. It is everything that it is meant to be. As soon as I put it on the first time I looked at my boyfriend and said, "Well, that's interesting." It truly feels different than any gloss I have tried before. It actually does not have any stickiness and is incredibly soft and moisturizing. It feels absolutely amazing. The only problem I have with it is that is doesn't last very long, only about 2 hours or so. However, I love it so much that I will still most likely buy this in other colors.
The container is the standard Armani gloss container (I think), which I like. It has a decent amount of heft to it to make it feel luxurious without being too heavy and it looks pretty classic. I think I have found a new love.
I don't believe this is limited edition, although the website claims it is. If you cannot find an armani counter, you can always purchase this online: http://www.giorgioarmanibeauty-usa.com.
Friday, April 19, 2013
The beauty blog Cosmetics Aficionado is doing a Blogger Appreciation month where she features a different blogger everyday. I was interviewed for a Beauty Blogger Spotlight yesterday. You can view the interview here!
I cannot believe this is my first Guerlain bronzer. I have been wanting their four seasons bronzer for awhile, and for some reason ended up purchasing this instead. This bronzer is not matte in the slightest and it imparts a wonderful, sheer glow to the skin.
"Whether you're a fair blonde or a dark brunette, you'll love this new sun-kissed powder. This ingenious mosaic of five shades of compact powder, with both matte and pearly effects, can be used to create and adjust a natural, healthy glow."
The compact is also very sturdy and beautifully done. It is small enough to be portable, while large enough that you don't feel they were skimpy. It is great for on-the-go touch-ups throughout the day. It has a generous sized mirror in it as well. I think that both product and container were very well done and I would absolutely recommend this product!
This product can be purchased from Sephora, Neiman Marcus, Nordstron, Bergdorf Goodman, Saks, or any of these retailers online.
Wednesday, April 17, 2013
I consider holy grail products to be products that I consistently purchase over and over again - products that I find I cannot live without. As such, that list is very small, especially since, even if I love a product, I will usually try something new when I finish it. The list right now is at 7:
Clarisonic Mia 2
This is must need skin cleansing product. It gets really deep into the pores for a really great clean, while still remaining gentle enough on the skin (I have the sensitive brush head). I have had this for 2 years now and keep buying the replacement brush heads.
Koh Gen Do Cleansing Water
This is by far the best makeup remover I have ever tried. It removes pretty much all my makeup, while still remaining incredibly gentle. This never burns my eyes or makes my skin feel tight. I am on my third bottle of this.
This primer moisturizes and makes my makeup last all day without oxidizing while it also adds a nice dewy glow to my skin. My absolute favorite primer.
Urban Decay De Slick Setting Spray
I have used this for about a year now and I am on my third bottle. This sets my makeup when I am done to make it last all day. I also sometimes use this during the day to reset my makeup and also to refresh my face as it feels really nice when sprayed on. I started using this last summer when my foundation would slide off my face while walking in the city heat - this prevented that from happening. Love this.
One Love Organics Skin Savior
This is another product that I am on my third of and cannot live without. This makes my skin so clean in the morning without stripping my skin in the slightest. I have also used this in the dead of winter to moisturize my incredibly dry skin. This product is seriously a skin savior.
Lush Solid Shampoo
This shampoo contains no preservatives and as such is a solid shampoo. You use this by running is through your hair like a bar of soap. I love how silky smooth it makes my hair feel after a shower and how it helps to maintain frizz free hair all day. I ran out of this a few months back and as such did not use it for a week and absolutely felt the difference. I will never let myself run out again.
and some no name Bisque Eyeshadow
I don't know the name of the brand that makes it and so have no idea how I will get a new one once I run out, but I have used this for a year and I only just recently hit pan, so I know I have a bit more time to use this. It is a flesh toned eyeshadow that I love to use as a setting powder for my under-eye concealer. I have tried replacing it several times, but always end up going back to this. I love it!
What are some of your holy grail products?
Saturday, April 13, 2013
- Mama Fashionista: Guess what fragrance is so inspiring, Mama Fashionista had to style an outfit based on it?
- Emily Hudspeth, hair design and makeup artist: Limerance All Natural Skin Care- face cream, body oil and lip balm.
- Lola's Secret Beauty Blog: Attention lipstick lovers, there's a new Collection in town. Susan Thompson Cosmetics Spring/Summer Collection is simply not to be missed!
- Makeup Demon: Dramatic makeup idea for fashion photoshoot.
- Rachel's Makeup and Skincare: Rachel tries some Inglot shadows and find them to be incredibly pigmented and long lasting! Check out her swatches.
- Beauty by Arielle: Best $1 Beauty Products.
- TheFabZilla: Are you concerned about wrinkles? TheFabZilla reviews Jurlique Herbal Recovery Antioxidant Gel Mask and Facial Serum.
- Beauty by Miss L: Miss L reviewed Oriflame Very Me Fat Lash Black Out mascara.
- Cosmetics Aficionado: MAC Sounds Like Noise could be the safe orange lippie you are looking for.
- Shades Of Beauty, Inc.: Just keep swimming...Some of the Sally Hansen Under The Sea Collection Swatches.
- MakeUpMom123: Top 10 March Favorites.
- Beauty Madness: Shares her thoughts and swatches of the Urban Decay Glinda Palette!
Thursday, April 11, 2013
This is another product I had heard a lot about and have been meaning to buy. I had tried it a few times in Sephora, but never found it necessary. I was also not specifically thrilled with the colors (i'm not really sure why, but none of them really caught my interest). In my Barney's Bag Event bag I found a sample care with 3 Ysl glossy stain colors. 2 of the colors where reds that I was not interested in, but the 3rd color was this really light coral color that I tried on a number of occasions and when I ran out of I felt I needed it.
It is a pretty unique color in my collection. It is like the perfect shade of light coral that I can wear with heavy eye makeup.
This glossy stain is described as a "revolutionary new lip product that combines the texture and shine of a gloss with the long wear of a stain."
I also love that this practically stays on all day with little touch-ups. It lasts pretty well through food and is pretty much kiss proof. It is also pretty hydrating. I didn't feel the need for lip balm the entire time I was wearing it. It stays juicy and glossy and is absolute perfection. I can't believe I waited so long to buy this. I am going to have to get more colors!
I also love the does foot applicator that it comes with (I really prefer those to the brushes). And the container is really quite luxurious looking. It is square with a gold cap and has little see through spots that allow you to see how much product is left (and the color, which I am sure is helpful if you have multiples of these). It also has a bit of heft to it that really completes the idea of luxury. It really is quite well made over all.
This can be purchased from many locations including Sephora, www.sephora.com, Nordstrom or Neiman Marcus.