Monday, December 31, 2012

NarsSkin Purifying Foam Cleanser and Multi-Action Hydrating Tonor and Nars Eyeshadow in Strada


I wasn't originally going to review the Narsskin Purifying Foaming Cleanser as I had received it as a sample with my New Wave Pallet and didn't think it was all that fantastic. However, upon my most recent trip to the Nars counter, I had been given a deluxe size sample of the Toner, which I am in love with, and now figured I would just review them both. I threw in the eyeshadow as well as I bought it at that time, and its Nars as well, and well why not!

I am absolutely in love with this toner. I usually just use a pH balanced water as my toner as I never thought it necessary to get fancy with it, but this toner completely changed my mind. It is described on the Nars website as a gentle exfolient that "instantly refreshes and tones, refining the appearance of pores for a smooth and even appearance. Skin is revitalized and brightened." Apparently all of the Narsskin products contain "Nars exclusive Light Reflecting Complex designed to restore skin's youthful radiance and reflect light like a prism." This Toner is fragrance free, paraben free, oil free, and alcohol free. Why the love for this toner? The exfolient mentioned at the beginning of the description. As stated previously many times, I have dry skin and in the winter, it flakes a bit. This toner gently removes all those little flakes from my face while moisturizing so my face looks refreshed and moisturized and my foundation applies much smoother. I'm also loving how much product is in my deluxe sized sample. I will absolutely be purchasing this when it runs out. My skin looks that good.

The Narskin Purifying Foaming Cleanser is just alright. I would liken this to the Shiseido Pureness Foaming Cleanser I reviewed here. It has foaming beads in it that very lightly exfoliate. Nars states that is is "a refreshing, foaming cleanser that lifts away makeup and impurities with botanical exfoliating spheres to gently smooth the skin's surface. Enriches with Wild Rose and Peony extracts, it soothes skin and reduces shine." This is idea for normal to oily/combination skin and seasonally oily skin. This also contains no synthetic fragrances, is paraben free, alcohol free, and oil free. I suppose the reason I wasn't so excited over this was that it is nothing really special. The only thing remarkable about it is the scent. I cannot quite place my finger on what it smells like and every time I open the bottle it drives my nuts. I will figure it out at some point, or if any of you have any ideas I would love to hear it. It cleans nicely and isn't too over drying, I just really can't say its anything special. I prefer the Shiseido version better.

With Flash

Without Flash

With Flash

I am so in love with this color it is ridiculous. I went to the Nars counter mostly to play, but had to walk away with this. It is described as an Amethyst infused with gold and it is just amazing. It was really hard to capture just what this color looks like with my camera phone (I need to get a better camera at some point) and I do not think I did this color justice. It is a gorgeous light blue-purple with lots of golden shimmer in it. I mostly use this color as a layering color as its the shimmer that I love so much about this color. However, I am wearing this color on its own right now and it looks splendid. This, like other Nars colors, is highly pigmented and lasts all day with no problem. It is smooth and buttery and a joy to use. 

All these products can be purchased wherever Nars is sold. I purchased mine at Lord and Taylor, but they are also available at Barney's, Sephora, http://www.narscosmetics.com, etc.

5 comments:

  1. That looks lovely...Would love to try out the NARS products!!

    http://jezzdallasmakeup.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. That eyeshadow is gorgeous! I've got one NARS shadow and I love it... not such a bold color, though. I may need to pick this up and play :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This color can be bold or can be sheered out if you would rather just the sparkle and a light purple. I love using this on top of blues to create a more smokey effect. If you are hesitant about it you can deffinately go into someplace that carries nars and play in the store, thats what I did! =)

      Delete