Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Dior 'Rouge Dior' Lip Color in 786: Mysterious Mauve


I searched for quite a few months until I finally found my perfect purple lipstick. A color that was not too cool (i.e. too blue), but yet not too pink. Many purple lipsticks that I tried looked perfect in the tube, but once applied looked more pink than purple. The Dior lipstick was the closest I found to my perfect purple. I have just recently seen online that Lancome has a new lipstick: L'absolu Nu in Prune Mantille that looks great and I will need to try out.

With Flash

Without Flash - sorry for the yellow, I took this at night

This lipstick has a wonderfully creamy texture and remained on my lips for over 8 hours and stained my lips so that even after 8 hours some color remained. There was no bleeding without a lipliner and was quite moisturizing for a lipstick. I didn't think it was drying at all. It was very comfortable on my lips. 

This item can be bought from Lord and Taylor or Nordstrom or online at either of those stores.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful color I hope you take pictures wearing it!

    XO Alex

    http://www.bronzedsundaze.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally tried! The problem I was having is that I took the pictures at night and my cellphone doesn't have a flash on the front camera and my computer was making me look totally flat. I will try anther day and update this! =)

      Delete
  2. That looks great...gonna post a pic of you wearing it?

    http://jezzdallasmakeup.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete