Thursday, November 15, 2012

Sunday Riley Modern Lip Color and Creme Gloss Sheer Impact


The picture on the left shows a swatch of the lipgloss, the lipstick with the lipgloss on top, and just the lipstick.
The picture on the lest shows the top having come off the tube.

I am so upset over these products and this purchase like you have no idea. I was so excited to buy these and cannot believe that they did not live up to expectations. I bought the lipstick in Orchid and the lipgloss in Blackberry Crush. The color had been that perfect vampy purple that I have been searching for and planned to live in it the rest of my life. I am so devastated that this is going back to the store and I am hoping I can get a refund. Let me explain.

The first problem, the one with the lipgloss, is quite easy to show in pictures. As you can see from the images, the black cap came off the top of the gloss. A product of this caliber should be high quality and I should expect it to withhold the tests of time. This case did not last a week. The product itself is wonderful, don't get me wrong. It is smooth, not sticky, wonderfully glossy, and sheer perfection. However, I can name many cheaper products that achieve this same end (sheer lipgloss that is not sticky is quite easy to come by in my opinion) that the case doesn't fall apart on me. 

The problem I had with the lipstick is much harder to capture in an image and even harder to convey. Do you know how it looks when your lips are slightly chapped and you try to wear lipstick anyway? Where the lipstick dives into all the lines on your lips, accentuating every line? That is what this lipstick did to me even after exfoliating and wearing a lip primer. I tried everything I could think of to solve this problem and nothing worked. The product is also flaky and dry in my opinion. Even if I ignore the fact that it sits in all the lines of my lips and try to wear it anyway, it kind of flakes off and the flakes sit on the lips creating a chunky like experience. It is just an awful product. The lipstick felt like if you left your lipstick for years and then remembered it and tired to use it again. It is just dry.

To add insult to injury I emailed Sunday Riley customer service to complain that I had received sub-par products. I wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt that maybe I just received defective products and that maybe their lipstick is truly wonderful and mine had just been sitting too long. They never emailed me back and this was 2 weeks ago. I really did not want to create this post, especially since other blogs have said great things about these products. Unfortunately, I cannot in good faith stand by these. If the Sunday Riley team wishes to respond to my email, I will be more than happy to amend this post. 

If you choose to purchase these anyway they can be purchased at your nearest Barney's or http://www.barneys.com.

2 comments:

  1. I've never had that happen with a lipgloss top. Even the cheap ones from dollar shops have held up. How disappointing and even more so how they ignored your message.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly my point, which is why I was so disappointed. =(

      Delete