Sunday, November 4, 2012

Review on Fall USA Luxebox Items and October Glossybox Items


I just realized I never reviewed these products after I posted what I received! Well, for anyone who might have been interested, here is my review:

The Vichy Purete Thermale Refreshing Toner:

It's Invigorating texture leaves skin feeling totally refreshed. The perfect way to finish a cleansing routine.

Personally, I feel most toners do the same thing. They clean off any remaining residue after you cleanse and Ph balance your face. Some moisturize while others contain alcohol and strip. Other than that I personally don't see a huge difference between the more expensive ones and the cheap ones. This was no different. It doesn't contain alcohol, which is nice, other than that it did the job as any other toner would.

Eyeko Skinny Liquid Liner:

A precise, accentuating liquid eyeliner that will help you create the look you want without any smudges.

I'm not sure if I just received a dud, but I didn't specifically like this item, even though I am aware that this is a cult item. I thought it came out more of a dark grey than black. Perhaps I will take pictures later comparing it to my other liquid black eyeliners, but I thought it could have been darker. I also found that it did smudge worse than my Mac gel liner. I think I used this twice before retiring it to the back of my eyeliner drawer.

Marcelle Lux Cream Eye Shadow + Liner:

The waterproof ultra-silky texture glides on evenly for a quick and easy application and color that lasts up to nine hours.

This product I really liked. I didn't specifically like the color I received it in, but the product itself was pretty good. It has a double end, one with the color and the other side had a sponge smudger. I tried it both as an eyeliner and eyeshadow and both worked nicely. As an eyeshadow it didn't crease and it stayed nicely without smudging all day as an eyeliner. It kind of reminded me of the Makeup Forever Aqua Pencils.

Orlane Absolute Skin Recovery Polyactive:

This reinforced formula actively defends against extreme fatigue, a cause of skin aging. This formula creates visible results from the first few applications.

I'm sorry to say that I have not tried this product and won't be trying it anytime soon. I check out reviews of all products before I put them on my skin because I do have pretty sensitive skin and others warned that this was a very active product and can cause really bad skin irritation.

Orlane Super Moisturizing Concentrate:

This lightweight, silky cream works for 24 hours to restore the skin's optimal moisture balance, helping skin to regain its suppleness and radiance.

This Orlane product, on the other hand, I both tried and loved. I found it super moisturizing without causing greasiness and it absorbed super quickly into the skin. It is quite light feeling and has a nice, clean scent to it. It made my skin very silky soft. If this product wasn't so darn expensive I might have bought a full size jar.

Sally Hansen Salon Effects:

Sally Hansen makes it easy to get a salon effect any time, any place. It wears like nail polish because it is nail polish. With no dry time, you're always ready to go.

This was another product I did not use, but that is because I have tried it in the past and didn't specifically like it. I find that they are pretty hard to get on and thus don't think they are worth it. Two of my friends have tried it as well. One stated that they work really well when they are fresh, but if you get a box that has been sitting in the store too long, they become difficult to work with (which is maybe why I had problems) and the other person goes to a nail salon and the manicurist also had difficulties. Not my favorite product.

Schick Hydro Silk Razor:

This uniquely designed razor goes beyond an incredibly close shave to actually care for your skin. With moisturizing ingredients, this razor leaves the skin feeling silky smooth!

This is another product I have used in the past because it came in one of my birch boxes. Am I happy this came in my box? Not specifically. However it is one of the more useful items. It does give a really close shave without my legs feeling dry. It has moisture strips on it that make the shave smooth and moisturizing. I do really like this razor and will most likely be buying refills for it.

Essie Nail Polish:

Put your nails in the spotlight with the perfect manicure. One of our favorite nail lacquers all year round! This bottle is DBP, Toluene and Formaldehyde Free.

Not a whole lot to say about this nail polish. I never have something to say about products that are typical. It doesn't chip, smell, and I like the color. Thats pretty much all I have to say about nail polish. I currently have it on my toes and it has lasted the two week mark quite nicely.

Luxebox is a loose button quarterly subscription service for $26 a quarter. It can be purchased here: https://loosebutton.com/LuxeBox


In this post I am also going to revue the products that were in my October Glossybox. As with all my glossy boxes recently, I have pretty much liked everything in it! Seriously, this is a box that you want to subscribe to.

Alessandro Pedix Heel Rescue Balm - $6/0.26 oz:

A perfect foot-care aid for dry, chapped feet imported exclusively from Germany. When used regularly, the rich cream with MarinaVital complex provides lasting protection against calluses.

I don't really use foot creams, so I used this once for the purpose of review and then gave it to my mother. It doesn't really have any odor to it, good or bad, which I like, especially in a foot cream. I found it was very moisturizing and is most likely a very effective product (if used daily).

Alterna Bamboo Luminous Shine Mist - $22/4 oz:

An eco-certified shine mist made with Indian gooseberry and organic bamboo that controls frizz and flyways. It is brilliant and weightless gloss for any hair type.

My bottle was mostly leaked when I received this and my replacement bottle has not arrived yet (most likely delayed because of the storm). So I only really got to try this once. It smells really nice and does leave hair with a nice shine without doing much else. It isn't greasy and doesn't weigh the hair down. there are much better products out there that control frizz and flyways, but it isn't a bad product.

Carol's Daughter Shea Souffle - $20/8 oz:

A superbly rich and fast absorbing daily moisturizer containing Shea butter, Cocoa butter, and Jojoba oil to help you reach your skin's optimal softness. This shea soufflé is non-greasy and free of paragons, mineral oil, and artificial color.

My lotion came in Almond Cookie, which is a very sweet and pungent odor. It kind of smells like baby powder. I couldn't decide if I liked the fragrance, and still can't, but I do really like the product. It does everything it says it does. It is really moisturizing without being greasy and doesn't feel thick on the skin. My only caveat is that it doesn't absorb into the skin easily and it takes a lot of effort to get it to. You also don't need a large amount of product to cover a large amount of area.

Heartland Fragrances Exfoliating Loofa Soap - $8/6 oz:

A unique hand-poured loofa soap encased in gentle glycerin provides the perfect blend of moisture and exfoliation. This soap is designed to increase circulation and is great for exfoliating. Use on rough dry areas.

I received this product in Blood Orange and this soap smells like heaven. I love keeping it opened in my bathroom because it makes my bathroom smell so nice. I just wish I felt the same way about the soap itself. It is very harsh on the skin and felt like it was tearing me up. I used just the glycerin part without the scrub and I did like that part. I think I would buy Heartland fragrances glycerin soap (they do sell the soap without the exfoliant) as it seemed to be soft and moisturizing, but sadly this soap has been relegated to my feet as I do not like it used on my body.

Modelco Lip Duo Lipstick and Ultra Shiny Lip Gloss - $39/lipstick

An ultimate pairing of lip color - a flawless, long lasting lipstick and an intense beaming gloss. Each may be worn separately or layered for an individually tailored hue.

I absolutely love this lipstick/gloss duo. I like this color even more than last months glossy pink lipstick. This is also a pinky nude, but leans more towards the nude side whereas the glossy pink was a pinky nude that leaned more towards the pink side. It is wonderfully moisturizing and lasts quite awhile. I have used the lipstick by itself, the gloss by itself, and paired them together and I like it all 3 ways. It is truly a fantastic product! I'm pretty sure it is my favorite out of this month's box!

Glossybox is a monthly subscription service for $21 a month and can be purchased here: http://www.glossybox.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment