Friday, November 9, 2012

November Birchbox and Review of October Birchbox Items


This post is all about Birchbox! I never posted my october unboxing because I received it pretty much a week ago and figured it was a bit late. I will however post my thoughts on the products I received, however. This month's birchbox was all about giving and as such they included a cute little envelope that you are supposed to fill with something and give it to someone else. It's a very cute idea. I have to say, after the past few months with boxes that were a bit of a let-down, this box was amazing. I am absolutely thrilled!

My box contained:

LuLu Organics Lavender + Sage Hair Powder
ModelCo Fibre LashXtend Lengthening Mascara (full size!)
Mox Botanicals Pomegranate and Fig Butter (I think full size)
One Love Organics Aromatic Body Serum
And something to give a man in your life:
John Varvatos Artisan (Cologne)
It also came with a $15 off coupon for Chromatic Gallerie

Wow! Two full sized products and some awesome samples that I cannot wait to play with! I had actually cancelled my subscription with them (because of shipping issues) and this box was given to me for free. After this box, I may have to rethink that! This really looks to be an awesome box. Do any of you subscribe? What did you get?


When I opened my october box, I was not the least bit thrilled. However, after having played with my samples a bit, I am starting to appreciate it a bit more. I do enjoy the samples I was given.

Lucy B Pink Frangipani and Wild Jasmine Roll-On Perfume Oils - $48

Boost your mood with these uplifting indigenous Australian flower essences. Try separately or blend together for a wildly tropical bouquet.

Anyone else tired of getting perfume samples in every birchbox? I know I am. These smell good and last on your body a decent amount of time, but I prefer my perfume to these samples almost always.

Ouidad Climate Control Head and Humidity Gel - $16

This frizz-fighting gel keeps hair sleek and manageable. Work into damp hair before styling to enhance your natural texture.

I really liked this sample. I have used this 3 times at this point and there is still plenty more in the sample container. All you need is a penny size amount and you work it into your hair. I have found my hair to be much more manageable and less frizzy, just as advertised. I like the scent too. It is light and refreshing without being too overpowering. 

theBalm Cosmetics Mary-Lou Manizer - $24

Play up your best features with this three-in-one highlighter, shadow, and all-over shimmer.

This was my absolute favorite item in this box. Everyone was complaining about the fingerprint on the product, but I think they are just being silly. It was part of the packaging. If you look at the back of it there was a full set of fingerprints. It wasn't like someone stuck their finger in the product. Anyway, I have used this everyday since receiving it. It is a gorgeous, long lasting shadow. A great highlighter, and I have even dusted it on my collar bone before going out. The sample size is also pretty adequate. I would imagine that even with continuous use, I could probably use this for a few months before needing to buy the full sized. 

Vitivia Pro:Vitamins A15 and C10 - $55

Twist open these nifty single-use capsules and smooth onto your face and neck. Concentrated vitamin C brightens your skin tone, while vitamin A refines pores.

I am a big fan of using vitamin C on my face every morning. I have a Ole Henriksen version of this that I have been using daily for a few months and really like the outcome. So this was a welcome sample. Although I prefer what I had been using perviously, I could see myself using this product. It felt like less of a serum and more of a lotion consistency. The vitamin A did indeed seem to make my pores smaller. I love when products do what they say they will do. I overall really liked this product. 

Luna Protein Chocolate Peanut Butter - $14.95

We keep these yummy protein-packed bars on hand at all times.

This was another product that upset me. I had received a luna bar in a previous box, but since it wasn't labeled as a protein bar, they thought it necessary to give me another one. I don't like receiving food items in my beauty boxes to begin with, let alone receiving one twice. I also dislike the combination of chocolate and peanut butter together, which didn't help. This is a product I cannot review as I have not eaten it. I'm sorry to anyone who was interested.

Birchbox is a beauty subscription service that is $10 a month and can be purchased from http://www.birchbox.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment