Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Nars Lip Gloss and Lorac Co-Stars


These two are my new favorite lippies as of late. I wear them most out of my collection of lip items, which is probably because they are the newest of the bunch. They are the Nars Lip Gloss in Orgasm (which is my favorite of Nars colors, I own their liquid illuminator in orgasm and really want their blush in orgasm, it is truly a great color) and Lora Co-Stars (which for anyone interested is on sale and super cheap at just $10) in Hot Kiss.


The Nars is the first one on my arm all the way to the left and the one on the bottom in the right picture. It is a really glossy peachy pink with shimmer in it. Isn't is so pretty? Nars describes this as a "pigment dense lip gloss," which I have to agree with. I also love that it comes with a doe's foot application tip instead of a brush (I hate those), so application is a breeze. It also lasts for a decent amount of time because even when the gloss has worn off, you are still left with a nice shimmer on your lips. I have been using this as my nude lip as of late and I really love it. 

The Lorac Co-Stars is a double ended gloss featuring a stain on one side and a sheer gloss on the other. The swatch next to the Nars has both layered on top of each other and the last swatch is just the stain on it's own. What I like about this product is that it doesn't come off. Quite literally. Lorc even describes it as an 8-hour lip product. 



This is a picture that I took after trying to clean the swatches off of my arm with makeup remover. I literally wore these swatches on my arm for the day because it does not come off. I have worn this lippie while eating and still had perfect lips at the end of the meal. All you need to do is swipe on some more gloss, but the color stays without smudging. It is also a really pretty nudey brown with some golden shimmer in it. The stain has a doe's foot applicator while the gloss has a brush.

The Nars Lip gloss can be purchased at http://www.sephora.com or anywhere Nars products are sold (I think Barney's, Nordstrom, Saks, etc) and the Lorac is being discontinued and can only be purchased here.

2 comments:

  1. I love NARS products but I can so rarely afford them! I've never tried the lipglosses though, I may do in the future now though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure if you saw my new post, but they are doing a 20% off sale starting midnight tonight. If you are thinking of getting one, now is a good time! =)

      Delete