Monday, November 26, 2012

Guerlain Meteorites



I don't have a nice picture of my own for this product because, shhhhhh, I got a sample! I have been dying to try out these little pearls for awhile, but at $58 I was a bit hesitant. I have played with them every time I have been to a Sephora that carries them for a few months, but could never convince myself to splurge. Lucky me, recently I took a trip to Neiman Marcus and was playing at the Guerlain counter and the sales rep threw some of the pearls into a container for me to take home and try. Yay! Verdict? It is worth the price.

I have mentioned in the past that I love illuminators and this product definitely gives a slight illumination, but not too much that it would overwhelm my winter look. I was a bit iffy to use it during the winter, as I do tone down on the illumination, but those fears were quickly squashed as it is not an overwhelming glow, it is actually quite perfect for the winter. I'm sure if you wanted more of a glow you could just apply more to your skin. Sephora describes this as being "inspired by light and created by Guerlain to employ the technology of white light, which is used in photography and film to erase imperfections and soften features. A constellation of 6 multi-colored pearls blend together for a flawless, radiant complexion." The pearls come in different colors meant to match your skin tone (Teint Rose, Teint Beige, and Teint Dore). I got the Rose for my light skin, though the sales rep stated you can pretty much use any of them.

I would say that this product really does everything it says. It gives you that lovely lit within quality that so many products strive for, but don't accomplish. It also does, in my opinion, blur imperfections and soften features. It has that 'your face but better' quality to it. It also has a lovely scent that I can't quite place my finger on, but I do like it. This little container will most likely last a very long time as well since I have been using my sample every day since getting it and I have barely done any damage. It also comes in a compact form for those who would wish to take this on the go, but I have been told that it doesn't last as long and as such the pearls are more worthwhile for the price. The case is also a very sturdy metal container that gives the product that lux feel.

At the counter I also tried the new Holiday Pearls du Dragon, which I found to be much more shimmery. When I swatched it on my arm it was very apparent that it has a lot more shimmer pearls than the rose. I can't really do a full review on that since I didn't put it on my face, but if you are looking to purchase there is that choice as well.

Conclusion: I am in love with these little pearls. They do so much and make your skin look quite lovely. I would recommend these. If you try out the Dragon Pearls let me know what you think! These products can be purchased at your local Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom, Sephora, or any of these retailers online.

2 comments:

  1. So pretty! I've been drooling over Guerlain meteorites ever since they were invented... but still haven't been able to justify the expense... but they do look GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be 100% honest, I still can't justify the expense...but I will surely use them if they are offered to me to sample! I love them, they are my favorite part of my makeup routine now! I love swirling them on my face. =)

      Delete