Friday, November 23, 2012

Erno Laszlo

Sorry for this picture being so darn yellow

I can't believe I am about to say this, but I had never heard about Erno Laszlo until about 2 months ago. Which is weird because the minute I learned about this brand, I started seeing it everywhere. It's the same with Malin and Goetz. I had never heard of the brand, but once I had I realized it was everywhere. So of course after learning of this I was dying to try some of the products. I have a lot of skincare products and so am loath to buy full sizes so I bought a mini travel set on ebay. It came with the Phelityl Pre-Cleansing Oil, Phelityl Cleansing Bar, Phelitlyl Day Lotion, and a discontinued lip gloss. I have to say this brand definitely lives up to the hype.

For those that may not be familiar, there is a specific ritual to using the Erno Laszlo system. You are supposed to fill up your sink with warm water, apply a small amount of the pre-cleansing oil onto your face, and then dip the bar of soap into the water in the sink and rub it onto your skin. Then you splash the water from the basin onto your face 20 times which is meant to mix the two cleansers and create a treatment water. You can check out their video below for more information on this process.

 

The Active Phelityl Pre-Cleasing Oil "penetrates the pores to dissolve impurities and, combined with the cleansing bar, cleans without drying." This product has a pH value nearly identical to the skin so that it can maintain the "fatty acids essential to skin function." All of Erno Laszlo's products that contain Phelityl have this pH value. The Phelitly cleansing bar is meant for dry skin and so cleanses without drying and "boosts cell renewal and nourishes with rich plant oils for smooth, supple skin." I loved these two products. They are the only cleansers I have ever used that did not leave my skin tight after use while still maintaining that feeling of cleanliness. You know how most moisturizing cleansers just don't make you feel clean after? Yea, I did not have that problem with these. I was very impressed. The first few times I did the cleansing ritual I made a mess out of my sink area, but once you get good at it, it's actually a lot of fun! I loved these so much I might just get full sizes when I run out!

The Phelityl Day lotion was very moisturizing for a day lotion while still feeling light on my skin. It didn't make my skin feel oily at all. It is probably the most runny lotion I have ever used. The first time I poured it out of the bottle I pretty much poured out the whole bottle because I wasn't expecting it to be so liquidy. This lotion is described as being a "super light, vitamin rich moisturizer" that "combines broad-spectrum UB protection to soften, soothe, and reduce fine lines." And of course, since it contains Phelityl it is pH balanced as close to the skins natural pH as possible. 

The last product, the lip gloss, is discontinued, and thus I have no real information on it. It was a fun extra included with my purchase. I can absolutely say I would never have purchased it. It was disgusting. Really thick and sticky and left a nasty film around my mouth as I wore it. I took it off after 2 hours I was so disgusted by this. 

The only negative I have about this system was the smell. I know after reading other reviews on these products that some don't mind it and some even like it. I personally was not a fan. However, the smell doesn't last after use, so it won't hinder me from using this system. Ultimately, I was very impressed and couldn't believe I had not heard of Erno Laszlo before. I would absolutely recommend these products (minus the yucky lip gloss). 

These can be purchased online at http://www.ernolaszlo.com or from Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus, or Bergdorf Goodman. 

No comments:

Post a Comment