Monday, November 19, 2012

Dior CurlHeating Lash Curler vs. Godefroy Heated Eyelash Curler


I have to admit, I'm not a fan of the standard eyelash curler. Granted, I've never had a mishap with them where I break or cut my eyelashes, but I'm still not a fan. So I began a search for an alternative. I found there was one: heated eyelash curlers. Great! This post will be a comparison between two different brands of heated lash curlers: one an inexpensive drugstore brand and the other an expensive luxury brand. The results prove that an expensive product with a luxury brand name doesn't necessarily equate to quality.

The first I bought was the Dior, Diorshow CurlHeating Lash Curler. That was a disaster. I cannot give a worse review of this product. It is described as being "designed by the backstage techniques of Dior fashion shows. This lash curler can be used on bare lashes before mascara application or after to thin the mascara and enhance the lash curve."When it did work, it sucked the life out of the battery in less than 2 weeks of use, and that't when it worked. The tip would consistently get stuck inside the cap and would pull off the curler when I would take the cap off and would be impossible to get out, eventually the whole stem (as seen in the picture) broke off. Really? I mean, the stem was flimsy to begin with, but seriously Dior? The product did heat up nicely and curled my lashes well, but my recommendation is to basically avoid this product at all costs.

The Godefroy lash curler, on the other hand, is a godsend. I absolutely love this product! It curls my lashes just as well if not better than your standard curler and is much sturdier than the Dior one. It also doesn't drain the battery like the Dior one. I have been using this for 3 weeks now and the battery is still going strong. It heats up quickly and dispenses the heat evenly. This is how I would anticipate a heated lash curler to work. My lashes curl and stay curled all day. This I would recommend.

Conclusion? That should be obvious. The Godefroy lash curler excels in every way that the Dior curler fails and is proof that, as before states, expensive doesn't equate to quality. The Godefroy curler is cheap and works well. If you're in the market for a heated lash curler as an alternative to the standard curler, then the Godefroy is the way to go.

The Dior Diorshow CurlHeating Lash Curler can be bought at http://www.sephora.com while the Godefroy can be purchased at http://www.amazon.com.

Has anyone tried any other brands that they have either loved or hated? What would you recommend?

No comments:

Post a Comment